09 November 2008

yarn habit

T'other day after work I stopped in Michael's (the the big box craft store) because I had to be in the neighborhood anyway. Th'Mr had bought a microscope while we were in Lexington the previous weekend, and I was returning it. The two young sales clerks at Toys'R'Us giggled at my explanation for the return: "It's, uh... more like a pretend microscope than a real one."

So that brought me into the vicinity of Michael's, JoAnn Fabric, and AC Moore. Oh boy.

First I browsed through JoAnn, but didn't find anything I had to have. What yarn was on sale was mostly novelty (eyelash, goofy-bumpy, etc), and though I halfheartedly looked through the button selection for three buttons for my 2nd Henley, nothing turned me on.

Next, to Michael's, where I accidentally touched a baby-soft acrylic (Acrylic?! I don't buy no steenkin' acrylic!), went "Ooooh" and bought two colors of it. 'Twas cheap, and it is one of the softest yarns I've ever touched. Besides, babies need something washable. Basta.

Got a clicker row counter too.

Having thus fed my habit I skipped AC Moore and headed home.

No comments: