04 April 2007

yard work

Monday I began tearing the english ivy off the old smokehouse (needs to be done in order to fix replace the roof), and yesterday I made a bit more progress on that. I have the front and one side done, the back & the other side started. Used a rake on the surrounding ground in an attempt to pull up roots (good luck getting them all, hah) and it looks really different.





Last night we went to Lowes; I intended to get thrift (a groundcover) to protect the dirt surrounding the smokehouse from erosion, but the whole tablefull of thrift they had Friday was gone. Kid said there'd be more by the weekend. I hope he's right.

I bought one little pot of lobelia and planted it.




Last night came a heavy rain with big winds but the lobelia seems to have survived it.




So does the old clematis.



Looking out my left (east) window this morning I see the old appletree has too many blossoms to count.

No comments: