02 October 2012

noonish

  to me, that means from 11:30 to 12:30, or at the loosest, from 11:15 to 12:45.

  she showed up at 1:30. By then I was half an hour past considering we should take off for the grocery store, or someplace else. But then Bob drifted off for a nap, and I met her at the car.

  I said Bob's asleep now, and to me "noonish" means 11:30 to 12:30.

  she said they'd had a meeting, it's so hard to get back into the swing of things, she'd forgotten about the meeting first thing this morning, she'd forgotten her cell phone. Babble babble babble.

  I said and of course nobody else there would have our phone number. I didn't say there were errands I would have run if I'd known she'd be this late, errands I could have taken Bob with me on, while he was alert and ready for a little exercise. I didn't say she'd used the same excuse (the meeting, not the cell phone) with me at least once before. I didn't ask if she was an hour and a half late with all her other patients today.

  She seemed astounded when I made no move to invite her in (didn't she hear me say Bob's asleep now?), asked what time I could expect her Thursday, and said I'd see her then.

  if it happens again there will be a written report filed. I consider this her verbal warning, and this blog post my record of it.

  Her name is Sherry L. She's an occupational therapist assigned to us by Home Health.

  I don't consider this harsh, just tired of the bullshit.

 

No comments: