11 July 2012

what's news

 today is... Wednesday. Bob came home on the 6th, last Friday. The physical therapy people thought he was ready, the charge nurse thought he was not. I'm not sure, but I do know he's very happy to be home, and seems a little stronger every day.

 Monday morning a nurse (Angela) from Home Health came by to evaluate his needs, Monday evening the physical therapy guy (Johnnie) came by, yesterday afternoon the occupational therapy nurse (Heather) came over. We'll be seeing each of them about twice a week.

 What I'm doing - I'm having him walk to the kitchen and sit at the table for meals (no more eating in bed, like he did in the nursing home), take some time to go sit on the porch every day, and take a drive somewhere every day. Yesterday he was pretty well wore out so we took the day "off" and I let him have pizza and a Klondike bar in the living room. Today we need to take a ride again, I have things that I need to do, can't sit at home all day every day although that sounds lovely.

 Monday evening we had a great surprise - our neighbor's son, who is almost 18 and we haven't seen since his mother moved out (I don't remember exactly when, but it's been at least 5 years ago), stopped by with a friend. What a gorgeous and self-confident young man he's turned into! Bob and I were both so very pleased to renew our friendship with Jake.

1 comment:

Saku said...

Glad to hear your husband is home and doing better. It certainly sounds like you have your hands full.

Take care,
Eileen