31 January 2009

In my darkest hour...

At 6:15 tonight, right after I'd told a friend that despite the ice storm that had make national news by leaving half a million Kentuckians without power, I still had my power, RIGHT AFTER THAT we lost power.

Stubbornly I kept knitting my January socks. I have an hour to go on these socks, and tomorrow is February.  Go, me.  Knitter by candlelight, yea.

An hour later, at 7:15, our electricity came back on. That's when I noticed where there should be seven stitches ...were only six. Now it's another hour later, and I've fixed all I did while knitting in the dark. I've still a few rows to go before toe decreases, but I ought to be able to finish this pair of socks before the deadli<>

1 comment:

PeJott said...

Hallo Julie,
über die SKL-Liste ist meine Mail an dich nicht angekommen. Ich finde dein Deutsch sehr verständlich und gut. Wenn mein Englisch ähnlich wäre, würde ich mich sehr freuen.
Sei lieb gegrüßt aus dem fernen Deutschland, Petra