29 July 2008

day 2 of week 4

Tuesdays end the payweek, and since I got another "ringer" (worked every available hour this week, which means 61 hours) I took myself out to eat. Tonight was La Roca in Cross Lanes. Food was very good --I had La Volcanita-- and the jumbo frozen margarita was jumbo and frozen and very much a margarita, but sadly I've noticed, and this place was no exception, that in Mexican restaurants a woman eating alone is treated like a second-class customer.

No matter. I did mention to the waiter that the 20% tip I left was half what he could have gotten. I don't hold a grudge in cases like this. When th'Mr comes back I'll keep La Roca in mind.

th'Mr came up Saturday evening and met me at Diehl's in Nitro after work. Sunday we ate (again) at Texas Roadhouse in Kanawha City.

Sunday I finished the Rattlesnake Creek soxen. Monday I took the Henley T-shirt to work and have been making good progress on it. Unfortunately I forgot to take the promised picture of it today. Looks like I bought too much yarn, too, and while th'Mr and I were out and about Sunday I bought two skeins of sock yarn at Michael's only to find out later I got two different dye lots. They're in the van pending a day I take time to exchange one.

th'Mr brought the van and took back the car, in order to title it. I've been driving two months on th'Mr'Sr's title. Now I've been driving the van two days and getting used to it again. I've missed the height :) ...before he brings back the car I'll be missing the cruise control.

I'm reading Annie Proulx's Postcards at the apartment and Niven & Pournelle's Burning City at work. The kitten rug is languishing. So is this blog.

No comments: